Backscatterer: Reason for blacklisting ?
o462
2009-10-30 16:05:56 UTC
Hello everybody,

I'm working for a ISP and we got one of our mail hub blacklisted.

The backscatter is coming from one of our clients (our servers are
correctly configured).

So... is there a way to get informations about the reason of the
blacklist (a email address will be sufficient) ?

Best regards,
Jonathan ROTH
--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please
http://www.blocklisting.com/faq.html before posting.
Fred Mobach
2009-11-01 03:47:43 UTC
Post by o462
I'm working for a ISP and we got one of our mail hub blacklisted.
The backscatter is coming from one of our clients (our servers are
correctly configured).
So... is there a way to get informations about the reason of the
blacklist (a email address will be sufficient) ?
Backscatterer.org is not known for supplying anyone with their
spamtraps, so trying to get it is a wast of time.

On their website is a timestamp mentioned when you find your IP address
there listed. At that time (+- 10 min.) you can find in your
mailserver's log a message with a null sender (or postmaster) which
triggered the attention of backscatterer.org.

The only solution to not get (re)listed in the first place is to not
send backscatter except to your own users.
--
Fred Mobach - ***@mobach.nl
website : https://fred.mobach.nl