APEWS:E-360651 78.152.109.11 is currently listed in APEWS
andrea rocchi
2009-10-31 20:08:14 UTC
I cannot understand why my ip 78.152.109.11 is listed with the
following Reason:
Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct
email connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered
working abuse contact] static IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost
service

I have a reverse lookup:
nslookup 78.152.109.11
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

11.109.152.78.in-addr.arpa name = mail0.farmigea.it.
--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please
http://www.blocklisting.com/faq.html before posting.
Chris Jewell
2009-11-01 04:29:50 UTC
Post by andrea rocchi
I cannot understand why my ip 78.152.109.11 is listed with the
Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct
email connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered
working abuse contact] static IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost
service
I have nothing to do with APEWS, and I doubt that an APEWS listing has
any real impact on your email deliverability, but when I took a look at
the IP address you mentioned, I found the following:

$ host 78.152.109.11
11.109.152.78.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail0.farmigea.it.
$ host mail9.farmigea.it
Host mail9.farmigea.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
$

Your DNS does have a PTR record from your IP address to a hostname, but
it DO NOT have an A record from that host name to that (or any) IP
address. Some email administrators may consider that as as a bad sign,
and decline to accept email from your host for that reason, quite
independent of whether your IP address is in any DNSBL.
Hal Murray
2009-11-01 15:42:21 UTC
Post by Chris Jewell
$ host 78.152.109.11
11.109.152.78.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail0.farmigea.it.
$ host mail9.farmigea.it
Host mail9.farmigea.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
You have a typo on there: you poked 9 rather than 0.

$ host mail0.farmigea.it
mail0.farmigea.it has address 78.152.109.11
MrD
2009-11-02 11:34:39 UTC
Post by Chris Jewell
Post by andrea rocchi
I cannot understand why my ip 78.152.109.11 is listed with the
Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct
email connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered
working abuse contact] static IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost
service
I have nothing to do with APEWS, and I doubt that an APEWS listing has
any real impact on your email deliverability, but when I took a look at
$ host 78.152.109.11
11.109.152.78.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail0.farmigea.it.
$ host mail9.farmigea.it
Host mail9.farmigea.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
$
Your DNS does have a PTR record from your IP address to a hostname, but
it DO NOT have an A record from that host name to that (or any) IP
address.
9 != 0; you seem to have perpetrated a typo. The OP's mailserver has
matching forward and reverse DNS.
--
MrD.
http://ipquery.org
axlq
2009-11-03 00:05:31 UTC
Post by Chris Jewell
I have nothing to do with APEWS, and I doubt that an APEWS listing has
any real impact on your email deliverability, but when I took a look at
$ host 78.152.109.11
11.109.152.78.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail0.farmigea.it.
$ host mail9.farmigea.it
Host mail9.farmigea.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
It worked for me:

% host 78.152.109.11
11.109.152.78.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail0.farmigea.it.
% host mail0.farmigea.it
mail0.farmigea.it has address 78.152.109.11

Don't know where you got mail9 from.

-A
Rob
2009-11-03 00:05:12 UTC
Post by Chris Jewell
Post by andrea rocchi
[...]
Why do you lookup mail9.farmigea.it? There seems to be no reference
to that name.
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2009-11-01 15:43:04 UTC
In <8ff4d5bd-290c-4838-af6b-***@j19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, on
10/31/2009
I cannot understand why my ip 78.152.109.11 is listed with the following
Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct email
connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered working
abuse contact] static IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost service
The Reason text appears to be in error; c 'rDNS' 'FCrDNS'
--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, truly insane Spews puppet
<http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive
E-mail. Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact
me. Do not reply to ***@library.lspace.org