APEWS: E-356058
f***@trash-mail.com
2010-02-23 16:19:42 UTC

My host is listed on APEWS.org:

Entry matching your Query: E-356058
CASE: C-1010
Dynamic IP space, generic DNS/rDNS, no PTR
Direct connections to MX not permitted, you
need to use your ISP servers or smarthostSpecial Reason:
Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct
email connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered
working abuse contact] static IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost
serviceHistory:
Entry created 2008-06-08

I recognized that the PTR (DNS reverse mapping) was missing. I fixed
this problem yesterday morning. But the host is still listed on APEWS.
The FAQ says the APEWS listing will b removed automatically when the
problem is fixed. This can take up to 8 hours.

Is the problem still present or do I just have to wait some more time?
--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please
http://www.blocklisting.com/faq.html before posting.
E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
2010-02-24 03:26:23 UTC
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
Entry matching your Query: E-356058
CASE: C-1010
Dynamic IP space, generic DNS/rDNS, no PTR
Direct connections to MX not permitted, ...
Entry created 2008-06-08
I recognized that the PTR (DNS reverse mapping) was missing.
I fixed this problem yesterday morning.
But the host is still listed on APEWS.
The FAQ says the APEWS listing will b removed
automatically when the problem is fixed.
{I certainly missing where it says that.}

Where does it say that? Please quote exactly and provide a link.

I very much doubt that APEWS is doing any kind of active
checking of IPs they have listed to see if the reason they
have them listed goes away.
{There appears to be on the order of sixteen thousand CIDRs
in APEWS L2 current zone file.}
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
This can take up to 8 hours.
http://www.apews.org/?page=why
"There can be up to a eight (8) hour time lag in the
de-listing process. "

I think that is more likely about something like,
after they actually delist a IP,
till their DNS zone file gets updated.
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
Is the problem still present
N.A.N-A.Bl readers can only guess.

Which IP might you be referring to?

I only see one relevant entry in their current zone file
80.153.0.0/16 Listed at APEWS-L2 - visit http://www.apews.org/?page=test&C=1010&E=356058&ip=$
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
or do I just have to wait some more time?
Based on past observations, likely a very long time.

{Barring some undocumented method to cause APEWS to
recheck a IP's RDNS PTR.}
--
E-Mail Sent to this address <***@Anitech-Systems.com>
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2010-02-24 18:06:43 UTC
In <23bc38c7-8803-414b-8b96-***@g28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, on
02/23/2010
Your host or the IP block it's in? Are you Deutsche Telekom?
I recognized that the PTR (DNS reverse mapping) was missing. I fixed this
problem yesterday morning.
For one IP address or for the entire block? The first couple of IP
addresses I tried had generic rDNS to subdomains of t-ipconnect.de.
--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, truly insane Spews puppet
<http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive
E-mail. Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact
me. Do not reply to ***@library.lspace.org
MrD
2010-02-24 18:05:47 UTC
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
Hi,
Entry matching your Query: E-356058
That's 80.153.0.0/16. It's a network, not a single IP.
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
I recognized that the PTR (DNS reverse mapping) was missing.
Presence (or absence) of rDNS for a single host is not an adequate
reason for de-listing (or listing) a /16.
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
I fixed this problem yesterday morning. But the host is still listed
on APEWS.
The problem is more likely in this area: Dynamic IP space, generic
DNS/rDNS. I.e. maybe the netblock isn't dynamic space; but APEWS seems
to think it is.

Note that the rDNS for the network address is:
p50990000.dip0.t-ipconnect.de

Let's try 80.153.0.9: rDNS = p50990009.dip0.t-ipconnect.de.

That certainly looks/smells generic. The rDNS seems to be a function of
the IP address.
Post by f***@trash-mail.com
Is the problem still present or do I just have to wait some more time?
If there really is a problem, then fixing the rDNS for a single host
won't have fixed it. I doubt that waiting will change anything.
--
MrD.
http://ipquery.org