APEWS: E-361935 / 65.74.185.26 most certainly is *not* dynamic, and it *does* have a valid PTR.
rlpowell
2009-11-12 21:40:46 UTC
I'm a sysadmin for EngineYard. We have no dynamic IPs of any kind,
and we immediately disable all spammer accounts; we in no way help or
support spammers.

Oooops 65.74.185.26 is currently listed in APEWS :-(
Entry matching your Query: E-361935
65.74.128.0/18CASE: C-1403
Dynamic IP space, generic DNS/rDNS, no PTR
Direct connections to MX not permitted, you
need to use your ISP servers or smarthostSpecial Reason:
Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct
email connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered
working abuse contact] static IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost
serviceHistory:
Entry created 2008-07-19

It is not a dynamic IP. It has a valid PTR. I have no idea what
"generic DNS" means.

$ host 65.74.185.26
Name: smtp.zendesk.com
Address: 65.74.185.26

We've got a legitimate customer (zendesk is a bug tracking tool),
sending legitimate mail, blocked by APEWS. Is there anything we can
do?

-Robin
--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please
http://www.blocklisting.com/faq.html before posting.
MrD
2009-11-13 11:02:16 UTC
Post by rlpowell
It is not a dynamic IP. It has a valid PTR. I have no idea what
"generic DNS" means.
$ host 65.74.185.26 Name: smtp.zendesk.com Address: 65.74.185.26
We've got a legitimate customer (zendesk is a bug tracking tool),
sending legitimate mail, blocked by APEWS. Is there anything we can
do?
Looks OK to me. I'd say the listing is in error. I'm sure there are many
similar errors - APEWS isn't noted for accuracy.
--
MrD.
http://ipquery.org
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2009-11-15 12:05:39 UTC
In <f1e63c21-0af7-4d11-af92-***@e4g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, on
11/12/2009
I have no idea what "generic DNS" means.
That's rDNS that seems to be generated from a template rather than
actually identifying the host, e.g., node8.173.136.64.1dial.com.
We've got a legitimate customer (zendesk is a bug tracking tool),
sending legitimate mail, blocked by APEWS.
APEWS isn't blocking anybody. If the recipient's mail server is using
APEWS, contact him offline and suggest that he ask his admin for a
whitelisting. Meanwhile check all of the IP addresses in the block for
generic rDNS.
--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, truly insane Spews puppet
<http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive
E-mail. Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact
me. Do not reply to ***@library.lspace.org